ACHI's Community Health Improvement Week is a national event to recognize community health professionals for their passion and dedication to improving the health of the communities they serve. CHI week raises awareness, demonstrates impact and celebrates the individuals and organizations that work to advance the health and well-being of their communities. This week, ACHI will encourage you to advance health and well-being by bridging care and community. ACHI will release multiple resources aligning with our daily themes, including guides, webinars, podcasts and design tools to guide your path to population health. We need you to help us celebrate!
Each day during CHI Week, resources and stories will be released. See below for a preview of what’s to come.
MONDAY, JUNE 4 – Kick-off CHI Week with a focus on advancing health and well-being by bridging care and community. ACHI will share new resources, highlight members’ accomplishments and encourage you to adopt the Pathways to Population Health Framework.
TUESDAY, JUNE 5 – Part of advancing clinical care and population health management to improve health and well-being is to build understanding between clinicians and hospital administrators. ACHI will provide resources to strengthen the capacity and knowledge of hospital-based professionals around population health.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6 – It is imperative to recognize and address the role of technology as hospitals and health systems continue to address community health issues beyond clinical walls. Join ACHI for the Leveraging Technology to Drive Population Health webinar. ACHI will also provide resources on various social determinants of health.
THURSDAY, JUNE 7 – Improving the health and well-being of our communities cannot be accomplished by one sector alone. Thursday’s activities will focus on connecting clinical care and community health by advancing health equity, strengthening partnerships and establishing buy-in from leadership.
FRIDAY, JUNE 8 – Join us as we continue to explore what’s next for ACHI and learn more about the 2019 ACHI National Conference! Support CHI Week by joining the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals Against Violence Hope (#HAVhope) campaign to raise awareness about violence prevention programs.
Why we Celebrate Community Health Improvement
Raise awareness and increase understanding of the vital role of upstream prevention and community-based strategies to improve health at the population health.
- Share facts about the efficacy of community health improvement. We’ll be sharing them via social media too.
- Only 20% of health outcomes are attributable to clinical care. Health behaviors, socioeconomic factors and the physical environment account for 80% of health. County Health Rankings and Roadmaps
- 85% of the nation’s hospitals report strong or total commitment to population health and 90% of hospitals agree that population health aligns with their mission. American Hospital Association
- Non-profit hospitals in America spend $62 billion on community benefit activities annually. Health Affairs
- Every $1 invested in prevention generated a return of $5.60.Trust for America's Health
- Investing $10 per person each year in community- based public health activities could save more than $16 billion within five years. American Public Health Foundation
Demonstrate the impact of your organization’s community health initiatives.
- Share your story or photos of your organization’s community health improvement activities by emailing ACHI@aha.org. We will share them in our daily newsletter during Community Health Improvement Week.
- Post on social media about your community health improvement efforts using #chiweek
Celebrate the work and accomplishments of community health professionals.
- Share your CHI Week activities on social media
- Plan a lunch and learn with your community partners
- Publish a or article in your local newspaper about Community Health Improvement Week and your organization’s community health improvement efforts.
- Release a that your community is celebrating Community Health Improvement Week.
- Organize a volunteer service day
- Use the Community Health Improvement Week logo in your publicity.
- Join ACHI as we release new resources daily throughout the week.
Community Health Improvement Week Resources
Adapt the resources below to support your Community Health Improvement Week activities.