This AHA webinar engaged participants in a discussion related to global budgets – one of the nine strategies recommended by AHA’s Task Force on Ensuring Access in Vulnerable Communities in its report. Global budgets have the potential to provide financial certainty and flexibly for health care providers as they work to create health care delivery solutions that work best for their communities. This webinar spotlighted the Maryland All-Payer Model and GBMC HealthCare's journey to implement and operate under that model. In addition, it touched on those steps necessary to implement global budgets successfully and weigh the pros and cons of pursuing global budgeting over alternative value-based payment arrangements.
- Mike Robbins, Senior Vice President, Maryland Hospital Association
- Joshua Sharfstein, MD, Associate Dean for Public Health Practice and Training and Professor of the Practice in Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- John Chessare, President and CEO, GBMC HealthCare
- Moderator: Jay Bhatt, DO, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, American Hospital Association; President, Health Research & Educational Trust
- Moderator: Priya Bathija, Senior Associate Director, Policy Development, American Hospital Association