DateTue, Jul 23, 2019, 11:00 AM – Tue, Jul 23, 2019, 12:00 PM
Webinar Series: The Patient’s Voice
Enhancing Trauma-informed Care
July 23 | 11:00 AM CDT
The AHA's Hospital Against Violence in collaboration with the NJ Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics brings together real-life examples of how clinicians in the field have developed strategies to integrate the patient’s voice in providing trauma-informed care. The free webinar highlights upstream approaches to screen and assess patients with trauma and ACES in acute-care and provider settings, along with prevention strategies to build resiliency within providers, patients and communities.
- Educate participants about the real life experiences of a survivor.
- Understand and recognize our inherent biases as health care providers.
- Identify patients at risk and improve the ability to provide trauma-informed care in health care settings.
- Learn to build resiliency and self-esteem in patients to prevent human trafficking.
- Nicole Leopardi, MD, FAAP, General Pediatrician, Cooper University Healthcare, Children's Regional Center and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
- Gina Cavallo, Survivor Consultant, Speaker and Advocate
- Moderator: Laura Castellanos, Associate Director, American Hospital Association